We’re living in a world filled with complexity, so there’s never been a better time to have a back up plan, whether that be a second home, additional residency and/or second passport. Portugal’s Golden Visa helps provide just that type of security for you and your direct descendants should you qualify within the existing window.
Being one of the most peaceful countries in the world, strongly focused on sustainability, inward investments and quality of life – it’s not difficult to understand why Portugal’s Golden Visa Residency program has attracted attention and been a model of success for others.
Portugal Golden Visa Advantages:
- A Portuguese Golden Visa (ARI) is a residence by investment permit granted to non-EU, EEA or Swiss individuals who make property and/or developmental investment(s) in Portugal
- Approved applicants of a Portuguese Golden Visa, and their immediate family, are granted Portuguese Golden Visas.
- Portuguese Golden Visa provides access to European countries within the Schengen area.
Portugal Golden Visa Application Routes:
- Capital transfer equal to or above 1 million Euros;
- Creation of 10 plus employment positions;
- Real estate investment with a value equal to or above 500 thousand Euros;
- Real estate investment in property dating 30 years or more in areas of urban regeneration, for a value equal or above 350 thousand Euros;
- Investment of 350 thousand euros or above in research activities conducted by public or private scientific institutions involved in the national scientific or technological systems;
- Investments of 250 thousand or above supporting the arts, artistic output, reconstruction or various forms of refurbishment of national heritage;
- Investment or venture capital funding of or above 350 thousand euros dedicated to share acquisition, or capitalisation of companies, whose maturity, at investment, is, at least, five years and, and a minimum 60% of the investment is realised in commercial companies with a head office in Portugal;
- Investment in the establishment of a commercial entity with head office in Portugal, combined with creation of 5 permanent employment roles, or share capital purchase of 350 thousand or above for a minimum of 3 years.
Portugal has many advantages for savvy investors that are still relatively little known. The Golden Visa Program, its Non-Habitual residency program, inheritance tax benefits, among others. Most of these put in place to aid in Portugal’s economic restructure post the effects of the 2008 crisis, a difficult period for the country, but these solutions have proven fruitful in their recovery which is near complete.
What’s also important for investors to keep in mind is that the current portfolio of options is not likely to stay open indefinitely and changes may come as early as 2021, so if a global gateway in a European country with strong ties in Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and of course across Europe is interesting to you personally and/or for business Portugal is most certainly a place to consider.
Ready To Begin?
If you are ready to begin the process, or have additional questions you can either contact us, or visit our Golden Visa and Non-Habitual Residency page for further details and also request an initial consultation with one of our lawyers specialised in residency and citizenship. Either way we look forward to welcoming you to Portugal.